In 2020, travel is a word that keeps coming up in our conversations! Everyone thirsts for discoveries, some set off like us on around the world tour, others go humanitarian or work abroad. However, questions keep coming back: “I want to travel but I have no money”. “I want to travel but I don’t know how to save” “I would like to go around the world”. Therefore, I wanted to help you Allow You To Travel anyway.
You will find below. A list of jobs that make you dream or that allow you to have a very good experience abroad.
First, if there was a single job that made us travel constantly and without constraints. It would be known, and we would be a big part of it! However, you can enjoy the journey through your job and opt for the trades below.
I have classified the countries into two categories:
- Jobs that allow you to travel to the 4 corners of the planet. (travel is one of the clauses of your contract)
- The more seasonal jobs, those which allow you to have experience abroad and to visit a country or neighboring countries.
I invite you to also read the business experience feedback below to learn more.
- Cruise ship expedition guide
- Travel guide
- The profession of a travel agent
- The job of flight attendant
- Coronavirus and the future of tourism
During this second confinement, I host on Wednesday and Sunday evenings at 6 p.m. A live Instagram on the jobs that allow you to travel. We started these weekly meetings with the following professions:
- Flight attendant
- Touristic guide
- Butler onboard a cruise ship
- Coach & air group package operator
- Travel guide
- Digital Nomad in Marketing
- Responsible at destination in Lapland
- Diving instructor
- Asia & Oceania package operator
- A representative for destinations in Asia and Africa
About fifteen people in the tourism sector come to talk about their profession. The advantages, the disadvantages, the studies to be done… This is the opportunity for you to learn a little more about these professions. To choose your way, and or think of professional retraining.
- Journalist, reporter, audiovisual profession as a sound editor, videos…
- Flight attendant: read the article on this subject by clicking here
- Tourist guide or guide lecturer: to have my regional guide card, this job did not appeal to me at all! My first experiences were catastrophic and made me feel disgusted with the profession, so I stopped practicing it straight away! I think I could have been good in this area. But my pairs often belittled me and did not help me! Skills in art history required and good oral communication skills.
- Traveler photos (wildlife, landscapes, travel …)
- International sales: it’s a job that is often done in a geographic area. But you have little time there to travel. (Air, food products, etc.)
- An archaeologist is an ideal job for traveling to the 4 corners of the world!
- Remote language translator
- Create your own business and work from anywhere in the world with your clients. The trades of the web such as web designer, graphic designer, editor, develop…. You are abroad and you are quietly practicing the “slow travel”.
- Travel blogger (travel, lifestyle, fashion…) when you professionalize your travel blogs and you have been doing this job for years. Places are expensive and very popular, but with a lot of will, desire and passion you can make it happen.
- Project manager for seminars and incentives: you may need to go out into the field to spot your clients.
SEASONAL PROFESSIONS AND EXPERIENCES ABROAD
- I was an animator in a holiday village in France! Abroad you are in a golden prison but in the sun…
- Ski instructor
- Fruitpicking which results in the picking of fruit. It Allow You To Travel you to have a great experience abroad as in Australia. Even if the job is not easy every day!
- Housesitting: A house sitter is a person who keeps a house or a residence. It’s a great opportunity to be housed, fed, laundered, and sometimes paid
- Work as a receptive at destination or in a receptive tourism agency in a country. And take care of a French-speaking clientele. You live in the country. And you have the role of accompanying person and guide on site for the duration of their stay.
- Babysitter for foreign families. You travel between Lebanon, London, USA…
- Veterinarian but places are expensive in Africa for example.
- Diving instructor: the diving instructors that I met stayed an average of 6 months on an island and changed continents. Polynesia, Maldives, Australia, Galapagos Islands, Egypt…
Fruit picking results in the picking of fruit. It Allows You To Travel to have a great experience. Abroad as in Australia even if the job is not easy every day!
Housesitting: A house sitter is a person who keeps a house or a residence. It’s a great opportunity to be housed, fed, laundered, and sometimes paid
Work as a receptive at the destination or in a receptive tourism agency in a country. And take care of a French-speaking clientele. You live in the country, and you have the role of accompanying person. And guide on-site for the duration of their stay.
Babysitter for foreign families. You travel between Lebanon, London, USA…
Veterinarian but places are expensive in Africa for example.
Diving instructor: the diving instructors that I met stayed an average of 6 months on an island. And changed continents: Polynesia, Maldives, Australia, Galapagos Islands, Egypt…
OTHER PROFESSIONS THAT ALLOW YOU TO TRAVEL
- The catering trades open the doors to you abroad and are very popular with internationals: pastry chef, baker, cook, restaurateur. We have a reputation so let’s take advantage of it!
- Work in a youth hostel: you offer your services in exchange for board and lodging, often in a dormitory. This allows you to improve your skills, meet people from all over the world and learn about the local culture.
- Luxury hotel: receptionist in a hotel, housekeeper, manager
- Waiter/barmaid/head waiter as in Dubai, Singapore, Miami. You can work in the middle of the night and save money.
- Volunteer for missions of organizations such as carnivals, festivals, sporting events…
- Language teacher: teaching French abroad is often requested, so find out.
- Traveling with a mission and volunteering. You go through an NGO or an association such as travelwithamission.org. Or action for hunger to work for a few weeks or a few months.
- Doctors / Nurses for the French overseas departments and territories of Africa. You can do missions in the bush and humanitarian work, this will allow you to travel a lot.
- IT specialist and senior executives to work remotely (large national groups like google, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.)
- Interior designer allows you to develop a project abroad. (Dubai, Brazil, Singapore…)
- Gendarme in the French overseas departments and territories
- Work in Embassies or Consulates
- Trades aesthetics as a hairdresser, beautician. Some countries recognize our expertise and talents and are willing to pay us a visa to perform in the country! You must know how to speak a minimum of English