The importance of the OST file is well known among Outlook users. It’s a default storage file in the Outlook email service that allows users to access their emails even when they’re not connected to the internet. Despite its excellent user and Microsoft security, however, this file is prone to technical faults. In this article, for converting an OST file to a PST file or convert inaccessible OST file.
When the Exchange server is down, converting OST to PST becomes the only way to get access to the data. There are a variety of reasons why and wherefore OST corruption may occur. Emails, calendars, notebooks, and other essential data are all stored in the OST file. As a result, if an OST file becomes inaccessible, you can convert it to a PST file.
Causes that Make it Necessary to Convert Inaccessible OST File
- Exchange server failure:
- Due to a variety of factors, the MS Exchange server is likely to experience problems from time to time. Here are a few examples:
- The unexpected loss of power;
- Failure of software;
- Bugs on the inside;
- Virus infection, for example.
Whenever an Exchange server crashes, recovering the Exchange crash can be inconvenient. As a result, data can be restored by converting an OST file to a PST file.
Exchange Server Maintenance:
The standard procedure is to keep the application up to date. There is no way to completely prevent it. If your exchange mailbox is being maintained on a regular basis, your mailbox will become temporarily unavailable. However, you can access a copy of your mailbox on your device; however, because the Exchange server is down for maintenance, you won’t be able to sync the changes. As a result, conversion is required.
Convert OST to PST Format by Manual
Fortunately, there are manual steps for dealing with OST recovery. Take a look at the strategies listed below and attempt to follow them as closely as possible.
To move OST data into PST in MS Outlook, use the Archive option. This capability comes in handy while converting OST files to PST files. Except for contacts, any mailbox item can be moved and copied from the mailbox data. To utilize this approach, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Open MS Outlook client on your device
- After that, open the file you wish to copy to a new PST file.
- Navigate to the main menu, then File, then Info.
- It is recommended that you choose Cleanup Tools from the drop-down menu.
- After then, click Archive and scroll down the page.
- The Archive dialogue box can be found here.
- Select the folder to which you wish to save the information.
- On the same screen, select the Archive things older than an option.
- From the calendar, select a date.
- Select a location to save a new PST file by clicking Browse.
- Go to the Edit box to see the location of the new PST file.
- To begin, click OK.
To Export to a New PST File, Follow these steps:
Follow the procedures below to convert an OST file to PST format and export its contents:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer or mobile device. In the navigation windowpane, you’ll find a list of PST files.
- Then select File > Open > Import from the File menu.
- Select Export to a file from the Import and Export Wizard’s options. To continue the process, hit Next.
- To proceed, pick Outlook Data File (.pst) from the options menu and then click “Next.”
- Expand the OST file listed on the screen in the Export Outlook Data File window. Select the mailbox folder that you want to save as a new PST file.
- To continue the procedure, click Next.
- Select the Browse option, then the PST file you already prepared. Click the OK button.
- The PST file and its location can be found in the Edit box.
- Finally, press the Finish button to begin the data migration procedure. As a result, the mailbox folder exported from the OST file will be included in the new PST file.
Manual Methods Have Drawbacks
Because the communication phases necessitate technical expertise, novice users may struggle to complete them.
- If we convert a big amount of OST to PST using manual methods, we may run into problems.
- There is no guarantee that the converted data will be in the same structure if you use the manual technique.
- It’s an extremely time-consuming process.
- It’s a long procedure that requires a lot of patience.
- It also entails the possibility of data loss.
Converting OST to PST in a Professional Way:
OST to PST Converter is a professional program to convert inaccessible OST file. Converts each property of OST files, including emails, calendars, attachments, journals, appointments, and other data, quickly and easily.
Using a Tool to Convert OST to PST
- Launch the OST to PST Converter application.
- By clicking the Add button, you can now add the OST file.
- After you’ve selected the file, click OK.
- Now you’ll see the contents of the OST file; pick it and choose “Save All Files in Outlook PST.”
- Now check or uncheck the Subfolders box, then touch “Next.”
- If you want to use the filters, you can do so from this page.
- You’ll have a lot of options to pick from here, depending on your needs.
- Now press the Next button and wait for the process to finish.
This professional program comes with everything you need to convert inaccessible OST files. A trial version of the software is also available to download to test the software’s functionality by converting OST to PST (first 25 items per folder).
Easily convert damaged, inaccessible, large, and orphaned OST files in PST format. You Converter, export every bit of your valuable data and convert without any hassle. The latest version of this exchange OST to PST converter is attuned with Windows 10 and its below versions. The tool is capable to convert OST to PST works on both ANSI and Unicode versions of OST files.
OST to PST Converter Tool precisely works on normal, infected, & corrupted OST files. This software is designed on robust and advanced technology to use only minimal resources. Yet still offers the best solution for converting data stored in Outlook OST files and saving into PST format. Outlook Offline Storage Tables known as OST files are very much prone to corruption due to viruses.