It’s important to have an online presence, but not just any online presence. You need a platform that will support your business and can grow with you. In the following article, we’ll cover six powerful e-commerce platforms for your business.
The following are some of the best e-commerce platforms that are currently available: Shopify, BigCommerce, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, and WordPress. Though they may seem similar on the surface, The 6 Best E-commerce Platforms each has its own unique pro and con. Read on to see which e-commerce platform is best for you!
A Brief History of e-commerce
E-commerce is the practice of buying and selling products online, typically via the Internet. In simple terms, eCommerce is the combination of electronic communication (e-mail) and commerce.
It’s not just about shopping. There are many different ways you can use e-commerce platforms to grow your business. Some of these include:
1. Selling your own products or services
2. Selling your customers’ products or services
3. Establishing a website with digital marketing
4. Generating leads for other businesses or organizations
5. Sending out newsletters or emails to promote your business
The 6 Different Types of E-commerce Platforms
The 6 Best E-commerce Platforms platforms are divided into two different types:
● Demand Side Platforms (DSPs)
● Supply Side Platforms (SSPs)
Demand-side platforms focus on generating sales for your business by improving conversion and optimizing your marketing efforts. With more than 3 million sites currently running on Shopify, it’s one of the most popular demand-side platforms.
On the other hand, supply-side platforms are focused on optimizing your website so that it is search engine optimized (SEO). They also provide services for building custom websites and apps. This type of e-commerce platform is best for people who have a high level of technical knowledge and experience with web development.
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms out there. It’s known for its ease of use and how it can be customized to suit your needs.
It’s easy for beginners
It has a wide variety of integrations
It has a huge community that’s ready to help you
Shopify also comes with apps, which can be used on iOS and Android devices
The Shopify App Store is not as complete as other platforms
You have to sell your own items or use third-party products and apps in order to make money
BigCommerce is one of the more beginner-friendly e-commerce platforms out there. It offers a wide range of features that are perfect for those just starting their online business and looking to create an online store.
The platform is easy to navigate and allows you to build your online store in minutes. The back-end gives you complete control over your site, Social Bookmarking Services so you can change the look and feel of your site at any time. It’s also easy for customers to find your products because it’s search engine optimized (SEO). Customer support is top-notch, with live chat and phone support available at all times.
Squarespace is an e-commerce platform for anyone who wants to have a store with their own unique look and feel. With Squarespace, you can create customizable templates for your store, choose from a variety of products, Local Business Listing Services, and get the type of design that best suits your company’s aesthetic. It’s easy to set up with the drag-and-drop interface, which means you can get started setting up your online store in no time.
Here are some benefits of using Squarespace:
• The platform is easy to use: Squarespace has an intuitive interface that’s perfect for beginners and experts alike.
• It allows you to customize your store: Do you want your website to look like a magazine? A coffee shop? Even a pharmacy? You can do whatever you want with this interface!
• You can personalize the look and feel of your online store: Create a template or choose from one of the thousands of free designs to make your business stand out.
• There are no monthly fees: One thing that makes Squarespace great is there are no monthly fees. Instead, you pay by hosting fee and domain name cost at the beginning of each month. This also means there is no contract so it’s easy for people to switch over if they need to cancel their account later on down the line.
If you’re looking for something different than what other platforms offer then consider using Squarespace!
Wix is a website builder that’s easy to use, provides numerous design templates, and has a free trial. The only downside is the lack of customization options and their pricing model which is tiered.
Weebly is free for up to 10,000 products. The platform is easy to pick up for both beginners and advanced users. You can build your own website with Weebly in minutes, or you can easily import a website from another platform. The interface is clean and the site looks professional.
The proof of Weebly is that it’s affordable, easy-to-use, quick to set up, and looks professional. The con of Weebly is that it only allows you to create one website at a time.